Cold Brew Coffee!
Cold Brew Coffee at home is easier than ever especially with the right set up! Here at AHB we can help you set up your nitro coffee system and you can be pouring Nitro Coffee Cold Brew in a snap and even better than some of those other "Big" guys.
The key to good Cold Brew Coffee at home is good beans. Selecting coffee beans that have the desired flavors like milk chocoalte, cream or even strawberries will ensure that you have a perfect pour everytime.
Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
(For 5 gallons)
Important: for food safety reasons, it is critical to refrigerate the brewing container during extraction. Be sure to account for the refrigeration space needed.
- Place one Nylon Straining Bag into the bucket with the open ends facing up.
- Put 5 lbs of coarsely ground coffee into the filter.
- Pour approximately 7 quarts of cool water in to the bag, making sure to saturate all the coffee grounds.
- Tie the filter straining bag closed at the top of the bag. You want to leave plenty of room for the coffee to move around. If you tie it too tight it will result in dry pockets in the grounds and the coffee will be very weak.
- Add 7 more quarts of cool water to the bucket.
- Optional: Gently massage the grounds, through the bag, to assure saturation.
- Cover with the lid and refrigerate below 40 degrees and let it brew for 16-24 hours.
- Once steeping is complete, drain the extract into the bucket. Discard the grounds after you have drained it. It should yield approximately 10 quarts (2.5 gallons). Save the bag which can be rinsed and reused.
- If saving the bag it should be washed and sterilized for next use.
- Transfer the cold brew concentrate to a keg, and top with cold water to create 5 gallons.
- Or use a little at a time separately from a serving container, diluting it with a 1:1 ratio of water to concentrate.
- Attach keg to Nitro infuser and pour!