We are now hiring part time employees to join our team!
Are you looking for a part time job that is not only fun but rewarding and educational? Join us at AHB as a Retail Associate with flexible hours and an employee discount on purchases!
We are hiring several positions to boost our in store team and are willing to teach you everything fermentation - although some experience or knowledge is beneficial. Please see the full job posting below.
We are happy to teach the right candidate all about: Beer Brewing, Wine Making, Mead Making, Kombucha Making, Hard Seltzer Making, Cider Making, Cheese Making and more!
Retail Store Associate Position
We are seeking a Retail Store Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer and wine, but have curiosity outside of that field including in hard cider, hard seltzer, mead, kombucha, cheese making, and fermented vegetables. Homebrewing experience is not required but is extremely beneficial, and a desire to learn is required. You should be comfortable and energetic in a retail environment and be ready to provide customers with an exceptional and friendly experience in our store by being able to assist customers with questions, troubleshoot issues and provide recommendations on products and materials.
- Assist customers in providing a complete experience from product recommendations to discussion and research to checkout
- Maintain the shops appearance including restocking shelves and fridges. Maintaining display tables while adhering to our cleanliness and safety standards
- Learn and understand all of the product offerings that Annapolis Home Brew carries so that you can provide detailed and tailored recommendations to customers.
- Understand and be able to operate a kegerator, understand and be able to assemble and disassemble draft lines, understand and be able to build a kegerator and/or keezer, understand and be able to maintain and clean all parts of the kegerator and change kegs on tap
- Check out customers via our POS system, accurately handle cash, gift cards and credit cards as necessary, and you may be required to balance the cash till at the open or close of a shift
- Be able to navigate our online ordering system to pull online orders, pack online orders into shipping containers safely and appropriately and create shipping labels
- Be able to accurately measure and package items, as well as label them for sale in our store
- At least 21 years of age
- Weekend and evening availability is required, you must be able to work until at least 8pm during the week and during both Saturday and Sunday
- Have a passion for craft beer and/or wine
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that can change weekly based upon business demands
- Have a strong desire to continually expand your knowledge and skill set
- Have the ability to walk, bend down repeatedly and be on your feet for a minimum of 8 hours a day
- Have the ability to repeatedly lift at least 55 lbs – grain sacks are extremely heavy and unwieldly – you will be required to help with deliveries
- Have a strong attention to detail