Propper Starter™ Starter
Propper Starter™ Starter by Omega Yeast - Canned Condensed Wort
This is a condensed wort in a can that allows you to make a yeast start in minutes! You can choose from an individual can or a 4-pack.
One can mixed with 16 oz. of bottled or distilled water will make a 1 L starter with a gravity of 1.040. It is recommended to use the 1:1 dilution rate no matter what the original gravity of your wort is.
Making a yeast starter will offer higher cell counts at the time the yeast is pitched, leading to faster, healthier fermentations and better tasting beer! They are especially recommended for lagers and any beer that has an original gravity of 1.060 or higher.
How to use:
- Sanitize all your equipment, including your flask, stir bar, yeast packet, and the propper starter can.
- Swirl and open then can and pour it into the flask.
- Add 16 oz of distilled or bottled water to the flask.
- Pitch the yeast and swirl the flask to mix.
- Add the stir bar to the flask and cover it with foil, then mix it on a stir plate.
Ingredients: Water, Barley Malt Extract, Yeast Nutrient.
This product has a shelf life of 12 months. This product does not require refrigeration.